Monday, January 17, 2011

My artworks

It would be so lucky for anyone to get paid doing what they love to do. Photographing enthusiasts to be paid for taking pictures, Pianists to be paid for playing their concerto and designers to be paid for the clothes they designed. Oh boy, waking up every morning sure is easy for them huh.

I, on the other hand have always dreamed to be an artist. The kind that draw stuffs.. not sing stuffs, of course… But mom said that some talent may best be kept as hobbies rather than transformed into careers. So the good girl that I am, I listened and realized that she was right. The world is not perfect. You just got to do what’s best for you.

So here I am doing what I love “second best”…pursuing knowledge. Though it is not ideal, but why should I complaint when the money and the prospect is good. the career is stable. I get to do a 9-5 job, with free weekends, no on calls & huge allowance… it is very selfish to still complaint. Nauzubillah. However, in the field that I am working now, there had been times when I was asked to draw pictures and make illustrations. This is the part that I love the most. Well, for those of you who do not know, for an artist to be asked to draw, it is like a privilege. An acknowledgement that your talent is of value.

A professor that I worked for asked me to draw come blastocycts last year. I never get to know what she really thinks about my artwork, but I guess it must not be too bad because if not, she wouldn’t have recommended me to someone else this year.

So in short, the very happy story that I am sharing today is that: even though I completely surrendered my interest in art/ drawing, Allah still does not want me to be devoid of the occasional pleasure of “getting paid for art”..which in my humble opinion, the ultimate happiness for an artist. Thank you so much, Allah. YOU have no idea how happy I am..Hey, just kidding… I know YOU do. =^.^=  .

Guys, you wouldn’t believe me if I said these picture worth MYR 1000+ would you?

Day 12_colour insertDay12_insertDay16-colour insertDay16-Insertcolourday22colourday22 insert colourday22 insert no colourday22no colourDay 12_N0 colourDay12_insert no colourDay16-InsertDay16-No colour

Not too bad for something that is done in microsoft’s paint application huh?

till then,

Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...