Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Big Boss Tuesday

IMG_1533It was a big day today…After fetching my friend from Perth international airport, I headed straight to work. Jess T was already in the office. Unfortunately, I was so pre-occupied with work that I realised I didn’t really greet Jess as usual. But hey, it’s Tuesday… any Waddell girls would be mentally and emotionally challenged on these days. Particularly because I have tonnes of experimental works to be done and a meeting to be scheduled with the Big Boss that I couldn’t do yesterday because he was not in.

Mom called the second I reached my desk and reported on the new development between my dad (her ex-hubby) and my brother who had just started Uni. Apparently, they met yesterday, strictly for scholarship purposes of course (you know, signatures and getting his pay slips etc).. But according to mom, he did mentioned about the “laptop”. God, I hope everyone realize how freakishly Intelligent my little brother is. He did not skip a grade for nothing. Now that he wants to resume studying.. Parents, give him all he needs, please!!! (and by parents, I meant you, Daddy). And a laptop is the single most important thing in a student’s life. Especially when he is doing “COMPUTER ENGINEERING” for God’s sake!

After receiving that good-ish news, I became completely consumed with my animal work that when I came out, it wasIMG_1532 already 12 noon. There was still this long report that needed to be finished before I could even begin thinking about seeing Mr Big Boss man. Focusing on that report, again made me that “anti-social” person. It was good however because works get done twice as fast. The only bad thing about working fast is, I actually GET TO MEET MR BIG BOSS man and the bad thing about meeting him is every time I see him my research gets changed completely.

All those rat babies..all 60 of them will have to be sacrificed because we are going to ditch the high fat diets. And guess what, WE ARE ALSO GOING TO DESIGN NEW DIETS!!! That was a slap on the face because new diets effectively mean MORE OPTIMISATION. This is when I yell “HEEEEEERGHHH!” againSleepy smile

My only hope is that the tougher my PHD gets, The stronger Allah will make me. Hey, you know what they say…”Pray hard, but work smart.”

LiveJournal Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...