Thursday, August 5, 2010

A religion does not change for the people, the people will have to change for the religion. because we believe that our lives do not end with the last beat of our heart nor with our last breath. there is still the matter of the good goes to heaven and the non-performers (sinners) go to hell... so as much as I'd love to agree when you say "the only difference contraception will have is to ensure their behaviour does not result in a child or disease", I couldn't because the one I have to agree with is Allah. not just me, but the entire Muslim population are with me.

Hye Sarah,

First and foremost, thanks for reading. i never thought anyone would read my blog to be honest =^.^=. I am so happy that you actually spent time to read this lengthy entry of mine.. now, let's get down to business.

I have to agree with you on the fact that allowing child marriage as not "the answer" to preventing childhood/teenage pregnancies. But I am firmly saying that in "certain circumstances" it still is.

Never in a million years will I be agreeing that a 22-year-old college drop out could be a good mother let alone a 14-year-old teenager, (hence the reason why I am still not thinking about getting pregnant) but at least by being in a marriage institution, the future of the babies that they carry is more guaranteed than if they were left without a father, without grand fathers or grand mothers that are physically able to provide not only financial but also emotional support..

you have to understand that Islam is a delicate religion. you don't choose to be a Muslim to only practice just the parts of the religion that you like and abandon the one that you don't. So when the religion clearly states that "NO SEX OUTSIDE MARRIAGE" then, that means there should be no sex outside marriage (pre-marital sex and adultery both included). and this ridiculous rule as many people might see it is there for a reason. It is to protect our blood lineage from "impurities" so to speak.

if anyone is allowed to have sex with just about anyone, and have babies as a consequence of that, there is a possibility that a brother might accidentally marry his own baby sister without even knowing it. we all know that not only that poses a serious spiritual threat but science has also proven that marriages that occur within the same genetic pool will enhance any potentially life threatening recessive traits. Although nobody has actually done a research on this ( or may be they have, only I am totally ignorant about them) but I have a hunch that probably the rising numbers of incurable diseases (e.g., cancers, metabolic disorders, mental disorders etc) that began to rise as the contraception industry gained popularity could be partially contributed by this. and when I said "this" i meant accidental sibling marriages.

because protecting the purity of the blood lineage is VERY important in Islam, any assisted reproductive techniques that involve fertilization of eggs from an anonymous sperm donor (obviously the woman at the receiving end is not married to the donor)is also STRICTLY PROHIBITED IN ISLAM. That is HOW SERIOUS WE ARE AT THIS MATTER!

so going back to the issue of allowing child marriage, i have to say that this is a very drastic action but a drastic action is perhaps what we need right now in Malaysia what with the numbers of abandon babies in trash bins, public toilets and bushes are currently already off the chart. (Sarah, condoms and the pills have been invented long before Malaysia achieved it's independence...if these people want to use them, they would have used them. and if they have been using them there won't be abandon babies all over the places.. so clearly they don't.)

Force marriage is probably the best answer at the moment if these youngsters are still insist on being promiscuous. the fact that they have to marry the guy will give them time to think and rationalize that "what good would it do to me & my future if I have to marry this loser? I'd better abstinent from sex until the right man comes along.till then, I'd better study and be a doctor or a dietitian instead" =^.^=

because i well and truly believe with every cells and molecules in my body that even the best and most effective of contraception, when given freely especially to 12-14 year old children,IT WILL FAIL. even if it works to prevent unwanted pregnancy it fails miserably to uphold the morality that Islam is based on.

A religion does not change for the people, the people will have to change for the religion. because we believe that our lives do not end with the last beat of our heart nor with our last breath. there is still the matter of the good goes to heaven and the non-performers (sinners) go to hell... so as much as I'd love to agree when you say "the only difference contraception will have is to ensure their behaviour does not result in a child or disease", I couldn't because the one I have to agree with is Allah. not just me, but the entire Muslim population are with me.
Owh, i should also add that even if I am so boldly against the practice of contraception amongst unmarried teenagers, I do think that It is one of the best thing ever invented for married women who want to plan their pregnancies and stop we woman from being a baby machine. kudos to whomever that first invented it.

in other religions that see contraception as the best way to prevent unwanted or unwed pregnancies, I respect your decisions. I am a very liberal person, but also happen to be a stricter Muslim than many.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Intan,

    You're very welcome. I like reading and this was a topic which interested me :)

    College drop out? I don't remember mentioning their study/work status. I was simply comparing the different ages. But anyway, you say a 14 yo would not make a good mother regardless of marital status, but support of the father and parents would only happen if she were married. Firstly, I'll say what I said to 'mfo'; what makes you think the father will stick around and agree to marriage? And side-stepping the religious issue for a moment, even if by some way the two were married, would the parents really swing from disowning their daughter, to throwing their full support behind her just because she married some guy who got her pregnant?

    Bringing Islam into the picture, yes, sex outside of marriage is forbidden. But to me, trying to 'play by the rules' so to speak by using marriage merely as a tool to avoid committing any sins... personally I think it's a bit of a cover-up and in some ways actually shows disrespect for Islam and the sanctity of marriage.

    As for this inbreeding issue... correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not stated in the Qur'an that 'marriages between first cousins are allowed'? To me, that is a much more serious cause for concern of inbreeding then the unlikely chance that two individuals will not realise they're siblings and end up marrying. And the way you say it, it seems you believe that non-muslims are indescriminate and promiscuous in their sexual behaviour. Can you really say that? Having experienced life in Australia? As a point of interest, Australia is a predominately Christian nation, with a fairly large population of non-religious people. In Christianity, pre-marital sex is also forbidden, and I can assure you that non-religious people are not devoid of morals. There is a certain name for people who have sex with 'just about anyone' and they exist in all nations, across all religions.

    Sure, contraception might have been available for a long time in Malaysia but the real question is; have the teenagers been educated about their use? I don't know how comprehensive the sex education is in a predominately Muslim country, but it's quite thorough here in Australia and we don't seem to have the same issue Malaysia is facing at the moment. As for the teenage girls, I'm sure they don't go having sex thinking; 'I'd rather not use contraception, so I'll risk getting pregnant and being abandoned by my partner and family'. We don't know the pressures on these girls which is causing them to have sex (unprotected as well)at such a young age. Could it be pressure from the likely older boy? Again, to me, there needs to be work done to look for the root cause of this issue.

    As for morality, to me, forcing 14 year old girls to marry to prevent being disowned by her own family; to me that is not moral. And if Islam is based on morality, I can't see how it condones this action.

    My apologies if I have offended your religion; that was most definately not my intention. I just hope you can read what I've written with an open mind and I will try to do the same. It will be educational for both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam intan.

    i seems to share some certain concern with sarah on this issue.i guess islam celebrate differences and i surely bet you too! :)

    i saw the ideas of early marriage for this adulterer is a short-sighted action.but in a near term,it potentially helping the out-of-wedlock babies from being abandoned everywhere.
    what concern me most is, what sort of family they will produce resulting this kind of marriage given that they are just married without repetence and any effort to be a real muslim?when the marriage is done without any knowledge on how to grow up your family,the big issue of negligence,incest and so on will come to surface.

    i shared the same questions with Sarah on why they involved in this illicit sexual intercourse.i involved in a voluntary work for this kind of ppl,and what i can conclude is : they abandoned their religion ,and in this case ,islam.unless they come and practice the real islam,this issue will not be resolved.

    oo yeah,i dont see any reason to teach unmarried ppl how to use condom.for me,thats a positive reinforcement for committing zina.in islam,contraception is allowed only for married people since only married people are allowed to have sex with their spouse.it is TOTALLY FORBIDDEN and among MAJOR AND BIG SIN to engage in out-of wedlock sexual intercourse.And in malaysia,this issue of zina is spreading fast not because of we didnt distributed and teach them how to wear condom.but because of the ignorant people who claimed to be a muslim but doing totally opposite of becoming one.

    coincidentally.i wrote the same thing on my blog.sharing the same thoughts,arent we?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...