Saturday, August 7, 2010

Are you telling me that I should ignore what my religion told me and give her condoms, educate her on proper ways to take the pills or how to insert diaphragm into her 12-year-old vagina rather than grab that opportunity to rationalize with her?

Hye again, Sarah,

After a psychoanalysis of your 2 comments, and several other comments from the readers of this blog (wuoh, all of a sudden I have readers..haha) I have to say that in a way, my entries on pre-marital sex and teenage marriage, which is based on a news article from Malaysia) have “insulted” either you or your belief. If that is the case, then please know in your heart that I am very sorry and it is completely unintentional. In my defense, Ivy Josiah who made the original outrageous comment has first insulted me and my religion, hence those articles were produced. But I have also come to understand that our different ages, marital status, culture and religion have put all of us at a disadvantage when discussing this issue.

Sarah, I have only been in Australia for 2 years which renders me unqualified to comment about the social situation in Australia. but for an England born, Malay Muslim doctor who was bought up in Kuala Lumpur since 28 years ago, I think I have the complete right to discuss on the decline of the morality that are currently hitting the country, MY COUNTRY, MY BELOVED COUNTRY.

Now, let’s go to the centre of this topic. I am clearly talking about “offering the girl to marry before allowing her to engage in any sexual activities” while you are actually thought that I was referring to “force marriage after the child is already pregnant” which contributed to the problem.

being married for 3 years , I can picture myself having a 12-year-old daughter who is yet to sit for her end of primary school exam. I picture her to be young and naive and curious just like me when I was at that age.  In case I haven’t been able to instil  the proper teachings of Islam where pre-marital sex is highly undesirable and not to forget the filthiest of all sins comparable to killing another human being, then I can definitely imagine that this child as having an older “cooler”  boyfriend and engaging in activities that might lead to sex, eg, holding hands, kissing, cuddling etc. As a worried Muslim mother, taking into account that I know very well that if I do not interfere she will soon, very soon engage herself in the actual “SEX” are you telling me that I should ignore what my religion told me and give her condoms, educate her on proper ways to take the pills or how to insert diaphragm into her 12-year-old vagina rather than grab that opportunity to rationalize with her that “honey, think about it seriously, you are only 12, you are so young and beautiful, you have a bright future ahead of you, do you still think that this 13-year old boy is “the one” you want to spend you whole life with?" If you want “it” so desperately, mommy and daddy will go see his parents and discuss about getting the two of you to be married, but think about it Honey, is this what you want for your life?”

If I chose to give her the condoms, I know that I have successfully prevent her body from being harmed (accidentally being pregnant or contracting a sexually transmitted disease), but deep down I know I have failed to actually educate my child. firstly, it is not normal for a 12-year-old to desire sex but even if she does, it is still not normal to allow her to have it just because she wants it. what kind of individual will she be in the future? If today I tell my 16-year-old son that “Darling, here is 20 dollars, go buy some condoms. Don’t just have sex with your girlfriend unprotected", I don’t want us to have to be responsible for your baby.” wouldn’t he thinks that I am ok with him being promiscuous? when the fact is NO! I am actually NOT OK with it!! It is filthy!! it is sinful!! it so contradicts my belief as a MUSLIM!!!! I can not bear to be a hypocrite just because that is what considered as the norm. And my children are Muslims too, it is my responsibility to teach them right from wrong, the Islamic ways.

If this is the kind of person I taught them to be, what kind of “Muslim”generation am I fostering? THE KIND THAT DOES NOT PRACTICE ISLAM, of course.

And do you think my sin of not taking proper care of my children and to not teach them the Islamic ways of things will go unpunished? It is easy, so easy indeed if no matter what we do on earth everyone will still go to heaven once they are dead, but sadly, that is not the case here. I don’t want to be burnt in hell together with my children, and their children and their grand children after them. not only that, I can not bear to even think that there will be illegitimate children in my blood line ever! If I don’t have the passion to prevent sex outside marriage (be it protected or not) then who will? If the government of Malacca does not make the initiative to prevent sex outside marriage then who will? because the issue now is unlawful sexual intercourse, not whether or not there is a baby involve. Because as we prevent unlawful sex, we will prevent  illegitimate babies and as a consequence of that, preventing abandon babies from being mauled by stray dogs. 

You on the other hand wanted to prevent accidental pregnancies and sexual transmitted diseases, therefore I have to say that the Australian government & education system had done you good. You have become their model of what a responsible Aussie is. If I am your reproductive biology lecturer, I will be so proud of you because clearly you understand everything taught at school. A+++ for that =^.^=. If I am born in a different religion, I will agree with you. because of the practicality of condoms, I will suggest it to these young teenagers.. because everyone knows that if they want to have sex, they will. they don’t think about consequences do they? they hardly even think twice… so  the best way  is prevention..

Now, if accidental pregnancies still happen to my daughter, a Muslim girl, will I want to force her to marry the boy who did that to her? NOT IN A ZILLION YEARS, THANK YOU. do you think that irresponsible boy can be a good husband to my daughter, No Thanks! I’d rather my daughter suffer the pregnancy alone and then give the baby away for adoption than let my daughter marry the boy. that stupid, stupid boy…. I will be completely disgusted at the utter thought of how the baby was brought to the world, to even care about it. No doubt that the baby is innocent and lovable..so once I made sure that he goes to a good family I will deal with this sinful daughter of mine. She will have to repent and learnt from this mistake to not repeat it again in the future and I will make sure that she becomes a good Muslim from then on.

Needless to say in the end we all want to prevent unwanted teenage pregnancies and prevent innocent newborn babies from being abandon on the streets of Malacca or Malaysia for that matter, only that I want so much more than that. I wanted ZERO SEX OUTSIDE MARRIAGE, I WANTED PURE UNDERSTANDING OF ISLAM,  AND I WANTED MUSLIMS TO ACTUALLY PRACTICE THE TEACHING OF ISLAM. but at least we still agree on one thing and I am glad that we do.

 

till then , Sarah, do come again to this humble blog. =^.^=

2 comments:

  1. salam ziarah..

    wow, u cool..very smart..

    love to read ur blog...

    salam Ramadha BTW... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. waalaikumussalam, Fared,
    I stumbled into your blog while researching salleh gregor samsa. =^.^=
    you are an awesome writer too.
    And Salam Ramadhan back at you. let this Ramadhan be a good one to both of us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...