Saturday, May 8, 2010

Almost a frustrating 2nd week of May

when I started this blog, It was never meant to be regularly updated, nor was it meant to be totally all about the happy times I experience as a thriving PhD student in a fancy oversea University called the UWA.

 when I started this blog,

I was just looking for a place to share my life with...

 although I have tried my very best to be positive,

 And happy,

 And optimistic. . .90% of the time,

 There is bound to be a day when tragedy (be it big or miniscule..) to take over me.

 And today is the day when all the petty things of being a faultful human & a neurotic student triumphantly take over all the "infamous optimism of Dr. Intan Suhana Zulkafli."

 Sadly, it is not something to be joyous about.

 Enough with the small talks, what is the big deal here?

 What actually kill my buzz this week?

My research went well so far...  all of the babies and adult RATTIEs behave excellently, no complaint about that.

 Not only that, one fine Wednesday morning, I also received my long awaited TRAVEL AWARD from the society of Reproductive biology amounting $ 260.00... That's a lot of money for a student like me... And don't get me wrong, I am eternally thankful to ALLAH for the unexpected gift.

But my buzz was killed anyway later that day by the fact that we have to move house again because our house lease is expiring in mid-June.

For months I have been writing about how I am looking forward to June because my families are coming and finally I am getting my well deserved break from study & Reality. Having to move house is really like "A big truck blocking the road in the middle of my dream holiday fantasy"

 In layman word ~ ~ A nuisance

 A buzz killer

 but not a killer whale CWahahaha). its not that bad...

 So the center piece of this week's story is about me finding a new crib.

 3 days have passed since I knew that my application to renew my lease had been rejected by the biggest Elephant on the planet (That is the real estate company's name).

 After everything that I've been through with them, renewing the lease does seems like a stupid idea and I thank Allah for making me "have to" move to a new house...

 So far, I have made 11 home viewing requests, budgeting at around AUD 250 to AUD 360 per week for a decent 2 bedrooms house or apartment.

 Please, anyone who also reads this, pray with me that I can get a new crib A.S.A.P.

 And then only I can enjoy my holiday when mak, ayah, aiman, Omar, Rina, Aween & Nani; come to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...