Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Muhasabah Monday

Bismillahirrahmaanirrahim
It's the first of August. Finally the long awaited Ramadhan comes again for a month long visit. I'm just happy to be in this sweet month. It feels safe, it feels familiar, it simply feels home to be in the month of Ramadhan again. Although my entire family is not here, and despite being thousands of miles away from them, the act of fasting together makes me feel home, happy and content.

Today, I sent an email to my entire study group to cancel all academic activities to make ways for personal ibadah improvements. There are 12 months in a year and this is the only month that everyone should be selfish at trying to improve their iman. because ultimately, our PhD degree is just a degree.. it is not the book of amal and if it is not the book of amal, will it save us when we all stand in the field of Masyar?..a place where every man is for himself. I sincerely do not want to stand there sobbing to the fact that i spend an ounce more of my time during Ramadhan in 2011 for study, and therefore had to cut back on my zikr. nauzubilahiminzalik..

Everyone is usually pumped up on the first week of Ramadhan. As do I. I really hope that this year Allah would grant me a bit more self control to maintain this strong momentum until the end of ramadhan, and insyaAllah for the rest of my life.

Ramadhan al- mubarak, everyone and happy working, Lillahi ta'ala,,,
love,
ANA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...