Thursday, February 17, 2011

On intellectual properties, PCF works and InsyaAllah

Apparently, there are certain things about my study that I could not write in this blog because they are intellectual properties. Therefore, they are not my right to discuss with anyone about… That’s why I have taken down all of my “research related” pictures from this blog (sad). Regardless, there is something that I could share with you guys…that my PhD is literally providing me with many many sleepless nights. It’s 4 am in the morning & I haven’t slept yet. and by as early as 6am, I’ll be the first person to pop my head in PCF. What does that tells you?

Well, I might need help with my PCF works but I just feel that it would be so unfair to other people if they had to do mine. After all, it’s my research. As a result, I have never asked anybody to help me at all… not once. Even last Tuesday when I felt like fainting in PCF, I forced myself to finish my work, no matter how slow it was taking me. My biological rhythm will be so messed up by the end of my study duration, no doubt. But those are the sacrifices you have to make to succeed in life.

A note on a new development of this blog, I actually have a passionate atheist reader who is very much interested in Islam, Too bad he doesn’t know about it yet. We shall call him Stevie Wonderful (cute name =^.^=). I have forwarded Stevie the link to Quran explorer website. He is still resistant to read the Quran though, which was normal for someone who is facing a “change”… self inertia is really something that he has to find courage to overcome himself. But if he has the genuine thirst for knowledge, that I know he does, he will overcome it, InsyaAllah…Although it is stated in the second surah of the Quran since1500 years ago that…

إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ سَوَآءٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ ءَأَنذَرۡتَهُمۡ أَمۡ لَمۡ تُنذِرۡهُمۡ لَا يُؤۡمِنُونَ (٦

“As for the Disbelievers, Whether thou warn them or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they believe not.” (6)

- Al Baqarah, ayat 6

…I still pray that Allah will open up Stevie’s heart to Islam. As I said, if I knew the key to paradise, it would be so selfish of me not to share it. And I know what is the key to paradise, so I shall share this knowledge with as many friends as possible. My bosses wonder why would I want to have a blog. This is why.

Stevie was asking me about how to navigate the Quran explorer. He didn’t know where to start. Pardon me Stevie, I forgot you’ve never read the Quran before. It is read from right to left, so when you launch the explorer, you’ll be greeted by the first surah. To go to the next surah, click the reverse button instead of the forward button. Have faith reading, Stevie, the way Richard Dawkins putting faith on his scientific methods on the pendulum experiment. and InsyaAllah, you’ll find the way.

XOXO,

Ana

p/s:

InsyaAllah means “With Allah’s will”

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...