Tuesday, April 12, 2011

In any working environment, there are two types of people you always find. People who whinge constantly about their work and people who don’t. Not surprisingly, the lesser you talk about work, the more work actually get done.

image

I have long learnt that we are what we think we are. Whinging, spreads negativity into this world and only reflects the weakness of one’s character. I actually pity a person who talks about how she had to wake up early because she has to send the kids to school… then she had to fight the traffic to rush to work. In the office, she still has so many work to do with presentations to give and datelines to catch. After work, she still had to rush back to pick up the kids from day care before hurriedly has to cook for dinner, fold the laundry and iron the clothes for tomorrow…

In my head, my typical response to these people will be, “Oh my God, stop it already. You are not even the Prime minister… yet you whinge like the country’s burdens are on your back!  Face it, every other person in your office is probably doing the same thing every single day, but you never hear them say anything about it!”

Not only that whinging about work is annoying, but in Islam, whinging is actually not good. Muslims are fostered to do everything that they do sincerely. Which means we need to do what we do, Lillahi Ta’ala (for the sake of Allah). Your life, your kids, your job and your position in the society are not only your personal responsibilities that is up for you to do as you please. Allah obligated us to do our responsibilities to perfection. I am not doing my research for my boss nor for me, I am doing it for the sake Allah. When I whinge about the workload, when I whinge about the hours spent on sitting in PCF and lifting heavy burdens, when I whinge about anything, I am actually complaining and being ungrateful to Allah. Nauzubillah.

So I don’t see the point of telling other people about my work. Suffice to say that I have a lot in my plate right now and therefore, please have some respect and don’t add to my problems. I understand that some of the concerned people out there would say that sometimes “ventilating” helps to ease the burden a little bit. But more often than not, when we attempt to ventilate, we will succeed at whinging too. Again, nauzubillah. I always say that if I feel overwhelmed by work, I will ask for help. Which literally means that I will pray to Allah to send me someone to help me and Alhamdulillah Allah never fails me.

So seriously, whinging… not good. no matter from which angle you are looking at.

the truth is, all working females at some points of their lives have problem managing work & family life. But

you don’t hear all of them complaining do you?

image

Da,

Ana 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...