Friday, June 4, 2010

What a day!

11.03 pm and everyone is already sleeping on a Friday night. isn’t Friday is supposedly “the day” to have fun because tomorrow is a Saturday? but not to us… certainly not to us. i am too worn out for the day but still insist on journaling. my eyelids are pulling themselves together, but i am determined to resist. well, not when i have my mug of cold skinny milk with milo tabur by my side.. i can write forever..(joking..=^.^=). 

but seriously, my back is aching for standing far too long in the kitchen, cooking. i produced 2 sardines, 1 smoked salmon, 1 smoked oyster and 2 raspberry puff pastry rolls for dinner tonight… by the end of the session, i thought i would collapse. but what do you know, i am still here writing!

the reason why i cooked so much today is because my family has arrived from KL just this morning. and since then, my mom & i have jointly been feeding them with one type of food after another.. poor mom, she really collapsed after cooking the sambal for tomorrow’s picnic in Caversham. thank God it’s winter (or late autumn is more like it)..the day is short and the nights are longer. so when she retired herself to sleep, it was only 10 pm..it’s good to know that she’ll get that all deserved rest after having such an amazingly stretched day.

as for me, i need to sleep NOW because tomorrow is going to be an early day that begins with me going to the wet market to buy some “serious” groceries, followed by preparing all the “needed food” to bring to caversham, and going sightseeing + hiking in caversham of course. i don’t know if i still have it in me, to walk all that miles after such a tiring day like this, but i promise that i would try. Now, my milo tabur is only 1 inch high and is more milk than milo, which might be a good sign for me to finish it off and go to sleep. but the GAD is kicking in, i couldn’t help but to worry that we decided to go to caversham all too hastily which resulted in a less than perfect preparation… which might ultimately lead to “my family not going to have any fun”. but who else cares? no one knows that my planning is imperfect, what i i should do instead is to concentrate on not fainting tomorrow.. hahaha.. toodles, and miss ya Anifah!

 

Love, Ana 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...