Thursday, April 8, 2010

H a i l s t o r m

Well, this has been a gloomy week for Perth city dwellers. I am probably one of them. the beautiful Monday morning started off with me & hubby waking up very early in the morning… we were up early to help a friend sent her family members to the airport.
the day went by like any other days except that the sky was cloudy… a bit too cloudy in fact. but working in a closed office, i did not notice that very much. All i knew was that i wanted to go home early for prayer and then work on my thesis.
4 pm. i was at home just about to have my meal of the day when judging from the humid cold air, a heavy rain was inevitable. but we didn’t hear any rain. we heard what occurred to me as plates being smashed up to each other. like someone was throwing plates, pots and pans to the roof. immediately i thought..it’s H A I L!! Subhanallah… i didn’t even have a Malay word for it. i just jumped off my couch to the balcony making sure that my balcony garden was somewhat emptied.
hail2
it rained golf-ball-sized ice for 20 mins followed by a pouring rain for another 30 mins. no one was outdoor at the moment. all were taking shelter inside, all were lost for word..
hail5
hail7
Damages in the form of smashed up windows, torn down roofs, cracked windscreen and guttered backyard gardens were amongst few. but most of all we were just glad that we were safe. uninjured. Thank God, we were only selected to be the spectators, not the actors and actresses in this unanticipated act of nature. we were saved by Allah.
this unlikely ending to an otherwise perfect Monday has taught me many things. it taught that worldly things and beings are temporary. it taught me that nothing is certain… not even scientific based weather forecast that had been predicting the weather for years and years… it also taught me that it needs more than just L O V E to be together as a husband and wife. in fact Love is nothing without C A R E.
as a consequence of the hailstorm, we lost the ability to drive our car for a while as the front windscreen was badly cracked by the high velocity ice balls. i have to walk to school everyday now and there is not a single time that i walked alone because my Husband has always walk me to and from school each day, every day.
I drank in every moment I spent walking with him beside me. This time I learnt that sometimes Love need not be told… it is so much better when showed. 
Ana sayang Ayang! 
hail9
hail10
while walking home today, i saw this group of white parrot busy munching on fallen olives. all these olives fell to the grown due to the sheer effect of the storm, but these birds benefited from it nonetheless, Subhanallah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...